The preference of International Institute of Legal Project Management (IILPM) Authorised Training Providers (ATPs) is to deliver training in person. This allows us to do things such as run in-training workshops and facilitate group discussion leading to rich learning outcomes.
However, if you are in a country which does not have an IILPM ATP, or you are in immediate need of legal project management training and certification, the IILPM can still help you.
Todd Hutchison, Chair of the IILPM, has created an e-learning course about legal project management.
The e-learning course, which can obviously be accessed anytime and anywhere so long as you have an internet connection, is made up of video tutorials, a student manual and sample legal project management templates.
The course is made up of the following modules:
- About this Course (includes a downloadable Manual)
- Introduction to Legal Project Management
- Beyond Just Project Management
- The Project Life Cycle for Managing Legal Matters
- The Legal Project Management Team Roles and Responsibilities
- The 10 Knowledge Areas of Project Management
- The Legal Matter Work Breakdown Structure
- Legal Matter Project Management Methodology
- Budgeting for Legal Matter Fixed Pricing
- Key Stakeholder Management and Communications
- Risk Management
- Professional Recognition in Legal Project Management
- Glossary of Terms
- Gaining the Legal Project Associate certification
Successful completion of this course will allow you to apply for certification as a Legal Project AssociateTM.