Legal Project Management Training course 21 – 23 May 2018, London.
This course is open to individual subscription.
The purpose of the course is to show how project management techniques can be best applied in the context of legal service delivery.
At the end of the course attendees will become certified and registered as either Legal Project Associates (LPAs) or Legal Project Practitioners (LPPs) with the International Institute of Legal Project Management (IILPM).
If you would like to become a Legal Project Associate, you must attend the first two days of this training course, 21 and 22 May.
If you would like to become a Legal Project Practitioner, then you must attend all three days of this course, 21, 22 and 23 May.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN BY ATTENDING THIS COURSE
1. An understanding about how to apply project management techniques to legal matters. You will become fully conversant about project management concepts and terminology by the end of the course and, most importantly, you will be able to explain and apply them in the context of legal service delivery.
2. Improved leadership skills as you will be capable and confident of leading legal project teams to help ensure successful outcomes.
3. Insights about how to convince clients of your legal project management skills.
4. How to go about improving your organisation’s processes and procedures to help improve legal service delivery, including how to implement legal project management successfully.
5. Certification as a Legal Project Associate (LPA) or Legal Project Practitioner (LPP) as administered by the International Institute of Legal Project Management (IILPM). Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a hard-copy certificate, commendation letter and business card confirming your certification status. You will also be entered on the database of certified legal project professionals maintained by the IILPM.
1. Written notes covering all topics referred to in each course.
2. A full set of slides and graphics.
3. Templates which can be used to execute key tasks found in legal project management.
4. Practical workshops and exercises to help students better understand key concepts and develop their legal project management skills.
DOWNLOAD COURSE PROSPECTUS
Broadly the course is in two parts.
- The first two days we work through the IILPM 4 Step legal project framework:
- Client Engagement
- Matter Planning
- Matter Execution and
- Matter Close-Out.
- Then on day three we consider how to further improve legal service delivery using Agile, Process Mapping, Program Management and I.T. support for LPM.
To find more detail about the course, please download the prospectus by clicking on the image adjacent.
WORKSHOPS AND EXERCISES
My teaching style is informal, but please be aware that this is an intensive course. I appreciate that it is quite a commitment for legal service professionals to take three days out of their business as usual activities to attend a training course. So my commitment to you in return is a course which is comprehensive, engaging and at times challenging.
With this in mind, please be prepared to fully engage and participate in the workshops and exercises.
Students usually get a lot out of the workshops and exercises. Everyone particularly enjoys the opportunity to work alongside a wide range of professionals engaged in legal service delivery. My previous courses have been attended by solicitors, barristers, cost lawyers, in-house lawyers, government lawyers, professional support lawyers, business development professionals and project managers.
Cost Lawyers please note: you can claim CPD points by attending my course as the IILPM is an accredited body with the Cost Lawyers Standards Board.
WHAT LPP CERTIFICATION GRADUATES SAY
“Excellent interactive course with lots of practical examples and tips that can be implemented immediately”.
“A course that provides a huge amount of insight and information but also makes you think very hard about how you do things and how you could do them better”.
“Fantastic course, both practical and technical”.
“An excellent training program for anyone who wants to learn about legal project management”.
For more detail please go to the testimonial page.
COURSE DATES, VENUE AND COST
Venue: ETC Venue at Marble Arch London. Full address: Garfield House, 86 Edgware Rd, London W2 2EA.
Maximum Class Size: The maximum number of students per class is 12.
Dates: 21 – 23 May.
Cost: Tickets for the first two days (Legal Project Associate) cost £640.00 per delegate (excluding any 3rd party ticketing transaction fees). Tickets for all 3 days of this course (Legal Project Practitioner) cost £960.00 per delegate (excluding any 3rd party ticketing transaction fees).
Cost includes refreshments and lunch each day, copies of all course materials and registration fee to become a certified Legal Project Associate or Legal Project Practitioner and have your name placed on the register administered by the International Institute of Legal Project Management.
Cancellation Policy: Full refund will be given in the event of cancellation by you up to 7 days before course commencement.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE AND ORDER
You can place your order directly via this page. I use secure event and ticketing platforms to manage all order processing and my website also uses secure connections (you should be able to see the padlock in the address bar). You can rest assured that your payment transaction is secure.
Alternatively, if you would prefer for me to invoice you directly please contact me about this.