I will be delivering my IILPM approved legal project management training course throughout 2019.
This series of public courses are open to individual subscription.
The purpose of the course is to show how project management techniques can be best applied in the context of legal service delivery.
At the end of each course attendees will become certified and registered as either Legal Project Associates (LPAs) or Legal Project Practitioners (LPPs) with the International Institute of Legal Project Management (IILPM).
If you would like to become a Legal Project Associate (LPA), then you must attend the first two days of one of my training courses scheduled below.
If you would like to become a Legal Project Practitioner (LPP) then you must attend all three days of one of my training courses scheduled below.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN BY ATTENDING THIS COURSE
1. An understanding about how to apply project management techniques to legal matters. You will become fully conversant about project management concepts and terminology by the end of the course and, most importantly, you will be able to explain and apply them in the context of legal service delivery.
2. Improved leadership skills as you will be capable and confident of leading legal project teams to help ensure successful outcomes.
3. Insights about how to convince clients of your legal project management skills.
4. How to go about improving your organisation’s processes and procedures to help improve legal service delivery, including how to implement legal project management successfully.
5. Certification as a Legal Project Associate (LPA) or Legal Project Practitioner (LPP) as administered by the International Institute of Legal Project Management (IILPM). Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a hard-copy certificate, commendation letter and business card confirming your certification status. You will also be entered on the database of registered legal project professionals maintained by the IILPM.
- Written notes covering all topics referred to in each course.
- IILPM Templates which can be used to execute key tasks found in legal project management.
- Practical workshops: my public courses have practical workshops and exercises baked in. Experience shows these really help students better understand key concepts and develop their legal project management skills. I often find that in my public courses particularly, people learn almost as much from each other as they do from me – the course is a great opportunity to network, share experiences and learn about what other people are doing.
- Alumni slots: I am delighted to say that past graduates of my public courses volunteer to do short ‘alumni slots’ where they return and explain to course participants how they have applied lessons learned during the course while they develop legal project management capability in their law firm or in-house legal department.
- Post course follow-up: few things are as frustrating as completing a course full of new ideas and enthusiasm, only to find when you return to work course notes get filed away as the daily demands of ‘business as usual’ take over again. I am really keen that course graduates get to apply legal project management after training. With this in mind I keep in touch with all course graduates. I also offer course graduates three hours of free consultancy advice (via telephone or skype). I find the people who take up this offer are usually those charged with implementing legal project management in their organisation. Some people continue the consultations, which become chargeable after the three hours.
DOWNLOAD COURSE PROSPECTUS
Broadly the course is in two parts.
- The first two days we work through the core elements of the IILPM 4-Phase LPM framework:
- Matter Definition
- Matter Planning
- Matter Delivery and
- Matter Close.
- Then on day three we consider how to further improve legal service delivery using Agile, Process Mapping, Program Management and I.T. support for LPM.
To find more detail about the course, please download the prospectus by clicking on the image adjacent.
WORKSHOPS AND EXERCISES
My teaching style is informal, but please be aware that this is an intensive course. I appreciate that it is quite a commitment for legal service professionals to take three days out of their business as usual activities to attend a training course. So my commitment to you in return is a course which is comprehensive, engaging and at times challenging.
With this in mind, please be prepared to fully engage and participate in the workshops and exercises.
Students usually get a lot out of the workshops and exercises. Everyone particularly enjoys the opportunity to work alongside a wide range of professionals engaged in legal service delivery. My previous courses have been attended by solicitors, barristers, cost lawyers, in-house lawyers, government lawyers, professional support lawyers, business development professionals and project managers.
Cost Lawyers please note: you can claim CPD points by attending my course as the IILPM is an accredited body with the Cost Lawyers Standards Board.
WHAT LPP CERTIFICATION GRADUATES SAY
“Excellent interactive course with lots of practical examples and tips that can be implemented immediately”.
“A course that provides a huge amount of insight and information but also makes you think very hard about how you do things and how you could do them better”.
“Fantastic course, both practical and technical”.
“An excellent training program for anyone who wants to learn about legal project management”.
For more detail please go to the testimonial page.
COURSE DATES, VENUES AND COST
Venue: The courses listed below take place in Hatton Garden, central London at ETC Venue’s The Hatton. Full address: 51-53 Hatton Garden, Clerkenwell, London EC1N 8HN.
Maximum Class Size: The maximum number of students per class is 12.
- Course 1: Wednesday January 30th, Thursday January 31st and Friday 1st February.
- Course 2: Wednesday May 1st, Thursday May 2nd and Friday May 3rd.
- Course 3: Wednesday 10th July, Thursday 11th July and Friday 12th July.
- Course 4: Wednesday November 14th, Thursday November 15th and Friday November 16th.
Price: Tickets for the first two days of each course (Legal Project Associate) cost £800.00 per delegate (excluding any 3rd party ticketing transaction fees). Tickets for all 3 days of each course (Legal Project Practitioner) cost £1200.00 per delegate (excluding any 3rd party ticketing transaction fees).
Cost includes refreshments and lunch each day, copies of all course materials and registration fee to become a certified Legal Project Associate or Legal Project Practitioner and have your name placed on the register administered by the International Institute of Legal Project Management.
Cancellation Policy: Full refund will be given in the event of cancellation by you up to 7 days before course commencement.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE AND ORDER
You can place your order directly via this page. I use secure event and ticketing platforms to manage all order processing and my website also uses secure connections (you should be able to see the padlock in the address bar). You can rest assured that your payment transaction is secure.
Please select the training course you are interested in below and click through the buttons to place an order.
Alternatively, if you would prefer for me to invoice you directly please contact me about this.