What Kind of Training Would Suit You Best?
I provide on-site training for law firms and other legal service organisations, and run public courses open to individual subscription.
Feedback from my course attendees shows that my courses are informative and enjoyable. Average feedback scores across all course units is 4.5 where 1 = poor and 5 = excellent. I review all feedback and constantly update my courses in light of it.
All my training courses have been verified and accredited by the International Institute of Legal Project Management (IILPM), which means that everyone who completes my courses becomes eligible for IILPM certification in Legal Project Management.
Please continue reading for further information about both on-site and public courses.
“The three days achieved exactly what I was looking for – to pull together various bits of disparate knowledge and thinking, and to reassemble them into something more structured and coherent.”
“Antony is a fantastic trainer, highly knowledgeable, very intelligent and with a great sense of humour which made the training very pleasant.”
“Antony is an expert in his field. Highly recommended”.
"An intensive and informative course providing a solid grounding for would be legal project managers."
"This is an excellent course that will provide you with all the necessary tools and information to integrate legal project management into your business".
“I would recommend this course to anyone interested in legal project management: informative, engaging and thought-provoking.”
“I feel confident I am leaving training with a sound understanding of the LPM methodology and how to implement it within the firm”.
"Fantastic course, both practical and technical".
"Excellent course, well delivered. The right level of coverage of core project management methodologies before moving on to legal project management".
“I found the course very informative…I can’t wait to put it into good practice!”
“We engaged Antony to deliver a series of seminars about Legal Project Management. Feedback from members who attended was overwhelmingly positive about both the content and presenter.”
“Antony’s course is really well run and delivered. A good mix of teaching styles: lecturing and interactive workshops / discussion points.”
"Excellent interactive course with lots of practical examples and tips that can be implemented immediately".
"An excellent training program for anyone who wants to learn about legal project management".
“Thought provoking and interesting. I look forward to putting it into practice and seeing the inevitable changes within the industry”.
"Enlightening and useful course, mixing formality with the light touch of interaction within the workshops. The course has encouraged me to want to learn more".
“I would definitely recommend the course for a detailed overview of legal project management and for upskilling”.
“I really enjoyed Antony’s course. The concepts were well explained and illustrated with interesting practical examples.”
“Antony is a smart and open-minded coach who clearly enjoys interaction with his students and I would be very happy to work with him again.”
"Excellent delivery of an innovative course. Antony showed flexibility and responsiveness to student needs. The workshops and exercises helped better understanding of the project management concepts presented".
"A course that provides a huge amount of insight and information but also makes you think very hard about how you do things and how you could do them better".
“Antony is knowledgeable and his passion for the topic was evident. The course itself has great content with lots of information, and I loved the book of templates”.
“I thought the course was really good – I’ve covered some areas before, but it was great to have those areas refreshed and there was plenty that was new.”
“Antony provided training for my team on Legal Project Management. I highly recommend Antony’s training.”
“Antony is a pleasure to work with and he has been a real asset to our business as we invest in further technology for the future benefit of our practice.”
“Antony has a strong understanding of both the legal process and IT systems. This enables him to produce very compelling solutions helping law firms to get real advantage and ROI.”
“If you want to learn about the opportunities and challenges associated with implementing legal project management and legal process improvement, I’d recommend a half day session with Antony as an excellent starting point.”
“Antony and I share similar views in relation to the application of IT to the law and he has real world experience of what the day job entails which informs his views in relation to IT.”
“Antony is particularly good at looking at market and product ideas which lie slightly outside of business as usual – he is a thorough researcher and passionate advocate of his ideas and proposals.”
“Introducing workflow systems into numerous departments and offices throughout the firm presented challenges on a number of fronts. Antony did an excellent job of managing these projects.”
On-Site Training Courses
On-site training is usually bespoke, although I suggest a good starting point for discussion is for you to have a look at my standard 3 day public courses and then consider what topics you would like me to cover.
I stress that this is a starting point. I am flexible concerning course content, delivery and scheduling.
My on-site training can range from short introductory seminars about legal project management through to training lasting several days including workshops and exercises.
I appreciate that different organisations have different training needs and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss these with you.
Would You Like To Find Out More About On-Site Legal Project Management Training?
Public Training Courses
I also regularly deliver 3 day legal project management training courses which are open to individual subscription.
The purpose of the courses is to show how project management techniques can be best applied in the context of legal service delivery.
After attending all three days of my course you become certified and registered as a Legal Project PractitionerTM with the International Institute of Legal Project Management (IILPM) provided you meet the LPP prerequisite of having worked in the legal services industry for at least one year. Alternatively, if you are relatively new to the legal services industry you can become a certified Legal Project AssociateTM after attending two days of training.
PUBLIC COURSE OUTLINE
Broadly the course is in two parts.
- The first two days we work through the core elements of the IILPM 4-Phase LPM framework:
- Matter Definition
- Matter Planning
- Matter Delivery and
- Matter Close.
- Then on day three we consider how to further improve legal service delivery using Agile, Process Mapping, Program Management and I.T. support for LPM.
- Written notes covering all topics referred to in each course.
- IILPM Templates which can be used to execute key tasks found in legal project management.
- Practical workshops: my public courses have practical workshops and exercises baked in. Experience shows these really help students better understand key concepts and develop their legal project management skills. I often find that in my public courses particularly, people learn almost as much from each other as they do from me – the course is a great opportunity to network, share experiences and learn about what other people are doing.
- I usually recommend that any in-house training should also include workshops and exercises whenever possible and that they be based on real problems facing the legal service delivery team (I can work with you to create workshops and exercises tailored for you).
- Alumni slots: I am delighted to say that past graduates of my public courses volunteer to do short ‘alumni slots’ where they return and explain to course participants how they have applied lessons learned during the course while they develop legal project management capability in their law firm or in-house legal department.
- Post course follow-up: few things are as frustrating as completing a course full of new ideas and enthusiasm, only to find when you return to work course notes get filed away as the daily demands of job take over again. I am really keen that course graduates get to apply legal project management after training. With this in mind I keep in touch with all course graduates. I also offer course graduates three hours of free consultancy advice (via telephone or skype). I find the people who take up this offer are usually those charged with implementing legal project management in their organisation. Some people continue the consultations, which become chargeable after the three hours.
Would You Like Further Information To Help Decide About Signing-Up For One Of My Public Courses?