Legal Project Management Training Courses 2020 – public legal project management training courses open to individual subscription during 2020.
The courses show how project management techniques can be best applied in the context of legal service delivery.
At the end of each course attendees will become certified and registered as either Legal Project Associates (LPAs) or Legal Project Practitioners (LPPs) with the International Institute of Legal Project Management (IILPM).
Due to Covid-19 I have decided, with some reluctance, that I will not be running any further public training courses face to face during 2020.
I hope to resume face to face training again starting in early 2021 if conditions allow.
LEGAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAINING ONLINE
However I am running IILPM certification courses fully live via Zoom and developing ‘on-demand’ online courses which are a mix of pre-recorded presentations and some live Zoom sessions.
I have run four public training courses via Zoom during 2020 and done the same for a number of private in-house training courses. I will admit to being rather sceptical at first, but I have been pleasantly surprised. Feedback has shown that students receive a great learning experience and we all manage to avoid ‘zoom fatigue’.
Here is what one attendee said of my Zoom only course:
I really enjoyed the course and engaging with the other candidates on it. Very informative, it was extremely valuable learning how best to apply project management best practice to an LPM specific role. I was slightly concerned about taking a course via Zoom but I needn’t have been, this method of training delivery worked very well. The use of breakout rooms, face-to-face chats and candidate exercises added variety and facilitated the learning experience to good effect. In addition, there was lots of practical advice, e-handouts and useful references for further reading.
To find out more about my live Zoom-only courses and on-demand courses (made up of pre-recorded presentations and live Zoom sessions) please see my online training page.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN BY ATTENDING MY IILPM CERTIFIED LEGAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAINING COURSE
1. An understanding about how to apply project management techniques to legal matters. You will become fully conversant about project management concepts and terminology by the end of the course and, most importantly, you will be able to explain and apply them in the context of legal service delivery.
2. Improved leadership skills as you will be capable and confident of leading legal project teams to help ensure successful outcomes.
3. Insights about how to convince clients of your legal project management skills.
4. How to go about improving your organisation’s processes and procedures to help improve legal service delivery, including how to implement legal project management successfully.
5. Certification as a Legal Project Associate (LPA) or Legal Project Practitioner (LPP) as administered by the International Institute of Legal Project Management (IILPM).
- Written notes covering all topics referred to in each course.
- IILPM Templates which can be used to execute key tasks found in legal project management.
- Practical workshops: my public courses have practical workshops and exercises baked in. Experience shows these really help students better understand key concepts and develop their legal project management skills. I often find that in my public courses particularly, people learn almost as much from each other as they do from me – the course is a great opportunity to network, share experiences and learn about what other people are doing.
- Alumni slots: I am delighted to say that past graduates of my public courses volunteer to do short ‘alumni slots’ where they return and explain to course participants how they have applied lessons learned during the course while they develop legal project management capability in their law firm or in-house legal department.
- Post course follow-up: few things are as frustrating as completing a course full of new ideas and enthusiasm, only to find when you return to work course notes get filed away as the daily demands of ‘business as usual’ take over again. I am really keen that course graduates get to apply legal project management after training. With this in mind I keep in touch with all course graduates. I also offer course graduates three hours of free consultancy advice (via telephone or online). I find the people who take up this offer are usually those charged with implementing legal project management in their organisation. Some people continue the consultations, which become chargeable after the three hours.
Broadly the course is in two parts.
- The first two days we work through the core elements of the IILPM 4-Phase LPM framework:
- Matter Definition
- Matter Planning
- Matter Delivery and
- Matter Close.
- Then on day three we consider how to further improve legal service delivery using Agile, Process Mapping, Legal Design and I.T. support for LPM.
LEGAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAINING 2020 COURSE PROSPECTUS
To find more detail about my legal project management training in 2020, please download the course prospectus by clicking on the image adjacent.
If you would like to become a certified Legal Project Associate (LPA), then you must attend the first two days (14 hours) of one of my legal project management training courses. To become a certified Legal Project Practitioner (LPP) you must attend all three days (21 hours) of one of my legal project management training courses.
AN INTENSIVE COURSE WITH WORKSHOPS AND EXERCISES
My teaching style is informal, but please be aware that this is an intensive course. I appreciate that it is quite a commitment for legal service professionals to take three days out of their business as usual activities to attend a training course. So my commitment to you in return is a course which is comprehensive, engaging and at times challenging.
With this in mind, please be prepared to fully engage and participate in the workshops and exercises.
Students usually get a lot out of the workshops and exercises. Everyone particularly enjoys the opportunity to work alongside a wide range of professionals engaged in legal service delivery. My previous courses have been attended by solicitors, barristers, cost lawyers, in-house lawyers, government lawyers, professional support lawyers, business development professionals and project managers.
Cost Lawyers please note: you can claim CPD points by attending my course as the IILPM is an accredited body with the Cost Lawyers Standards Board.
Would you like any further information? Please contact me now!