Legal Project Management Training Courses 2020 – public legal project management training courses open to individual subscription during 2020.
The courses show how project management techniques can be best applied in the context of legal service delivery.
At the end of each course attendees will become certified and registered as either Legal Project Associates (LPAs) or Legal Project Practitioners (LPPs) with the International Institute of Legal Project Management (IILPM).
If you would like to become a certified Legal Project Associate (LPA), then you must attend the first two days of one of my legal project management training courses. To become a certified Legal Project Practitioner (LPP) you must attend all three days of one of my legal project management training courses.
My next public training course will take place January 29th, 30th and 31st at ETC’s venue in Chancery Lane, London.
You can book on the course via the booking form adjacent.
If you are not quite ready to book yet, please scroll down the page to find out why you should be on one of my legal project management training courses during 2020.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN BY ATTENDING THIS LEGAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAINING COURSE
1. An understanding about how to apply project management techniques to legal matters. You will become fully conversant about project management concepts and terminology by the end of the course and, most importantly, you will be able to explain and apply them in the context of legal service delivery.
2. Improved leadership skills as you will be capable and confident of leading legal project teams to help ensure successful outcomes.
3. Insights about how to convince clients of your legal project management skills.
4. How to go about improving your organisation’s processes and procedures to help improve legal service delivery, including how to implement legal project management successfully.
5. Certification as a Legal Project Associate (LPA) or Legal Project Practitioner (LPP) as administered by the International Institute of Legal Project Management (IILPM).
- Written notes covering all topics referred to in each course.
- IILPM Templates which can be used to execute key tasks found in legal project management.
- Practical workshops: my public courses have practical workshops and exercises baked in. Experience shows these really help students better understand key concepts and develop their legal project management skills. I often find that in my public courses particularly, people learn almost as much from each other as they do from me – the course is a great opportunity to network, share experiences and learn about what other people are doing.
- Alumni slots: I am delighted to say that past graduates of my public courses volunteer to do short ‘alumni slots’ where they return and explain to course participants how they have applied lessons learned during the course while they develop legal project management capability in their law firm or in-house legal department.
- Post course follow-up: few things are as frustrating as completing a course full of new ideas and enthusiasm, only to find when you return to work course notes get filed away as the daily demands of ‘business as usual’ take over again. I am really keen that course graduates get to apply legal project management after training. With this in mind I keep in touch with all course graduates. I also offer course graduates three hours of free consultancy advice (via telephone or skype). I find the people who take up this offer are usually those charged with implementing legal project management in their organisation. Some people continue the consultations, which become chargeable after the three hours.
Broadly the course is in two parts.
- The first two days we work through the core elements of the IILPM 4-Phase LPM framework:
- Matter Definition
- Matter Planning
- Matter Delivery and
- Matter Close.
- Then on day three we consider how to further improve legal service delivery using Agile, Process Mapping, Legal Design and I.T. support for LPM.
LEGAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAINING 2020 COURSE PROSPECTUS
To find more detail about my legal project management training in 2020, please download the course prospectus by clicking on the image adjacent.
AN INTENSIVE COURSE WITH WORKSHOPS AND EXERCISES
My teaching style is informal, but please be aware that this is an intensive course. I appreciate that it is quite a commitment for legal service professionals to take three days out of their business as usual activities to attend a training course. So my commitment to you in return is a course which is comprehensive, engaging and at times challenging.
With this in mind, please be prepared to fully engage and participate in the workshops and exercises.
Students usually get a lot out of the workshops and exercises. Everyone particularly enjoys the opportunity to work alongside a wide range of professionals engaged in legal service delivery. My previous courses have been attended by solicitors, barristers, cost lawyers, in-house lawyers, government lawyers, professional support lawyers, business development professionals and project managers.
Cost Lawyers please note: you can claim CPD points by attending my course as the IILPM is an accredited body with the Cost Lawyers Standards Board.
WHAT LPP CERTIFICATION GRADUATES SAY
“Excellent interactive course with lots of practical examples and tips that can be implemented immediately”.
“A course that provides a huge amount of insight and information but also makes you think very hard about how you do things and how you could do them better”.
“Fantastic course, both practical and technical”.
“An excellent training program for anyone who wants to learn about legal project management”.
For more detail please go to the testimonial page.
COURSE DATES, VENUES AND COST
Maximum Class Size: The maximum number of students per class is 12.
My Next Course Dates
- Wednesday 29th January, Thursday 30th January and Friday 31st January 2020.
Venue: ETC’s venue at Chancery Lane 50 – 52 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1HL.
Price: Tickets for the first two days of the course (Legal Project Associate) cost £800.00 per delegate (excluding any 3rd party ticketing transaction fees). Tickets for all 3 days of the course (Legal Project Practitioner) cost £1200.00 per delegate (excluding any 3rd party ticketing transaction fees).
Cost includes refreshments and lunch each day, copies of all course materials and registration fee to become a certified Legal Project Associate or Legal Project Practitioner and have your name placed on the register administered by the International Institute of Legal Project Management.
If you are a self-funded individual I would be happy to agree a payment schedule with you – please contact me if you are interested in this.
Cancellation Policy: Full refund will be given in the event of cancellation by you up to 7 days before course commencement.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE AND ORDER
Please select the training course you would like to go on below and you will be presented with payment details.
Rest assured that the payment process is as secure as possible. My website is secure (indicated by the padlock alongside the web address) as is the ticketing and payment collection platform I use.
Nevertheless I am also happy to invoice you directly if you prefer, please contact me about this.