Develop your skills and knowledge online
The preference of International Institute of Legal Project Management (IILPM) Authorised Training Providers (ATPs) is to deliver training in person. This allows us to do things such as run in-training workshops and facilitate group discussion leading to rich learning outcomes.
However Covid-19 has clearly changed many things. One of the most noticeable changes is the way that lawyers and other professionals have quickly adapted to working from home. In tandem with this there has been an increased demand for legal project management training online.
I am servicing this demand in four ways.
- Live online certification training via Zoom.
- Shorter non-certification courses via Zoom, which are usually taken by legal service teams in law firms and in-house legal departments.
- Development IILPM certification courses ‘on-demand’ online.
- Making available a free ‘on-demand’ online introductory course about legal project management.
Live Online LPM Certification Training Via Zoom
Responding to demand, I am running a legal project management certification training course live online.
The course will be delivered via Zoom, August 17th - 19th 2020.
Course content and course deliverables will be the same as my face to face courses. There will still be workshops and exercises and attendees will receive a full set of IILPM approved legal project management templates along with course notes.
If you attend the first two days of training you will become eligible for the IILPM certification of Legal Project Associate (LPA).
If you attend all three days of training, and you meet the pre-requisite of having worked-in or provided consultancy services to, the legal services industry for one year you will become eligible for the IILPM certification of Legal Project Practitioner (LPP).
You can download a copy of the Zoom course prospectus adjacent.
If you sign-up for the live training via Zoom I will send you the pre-course material and Zoom link to the course by email.
Please note that I obviously can not be held responsible for any connectivity issues you may experience whilst on the course. Hence before signing up for the course, please do ensure that you have a stable connection to the internet.
Reserve Your Place and Order
Legal Project Management Training Online via Zoom, 17th, 18th and 19th August 2020.
The LPA course (17th and 18th August) costs £800 (plus third party online transaction fees).
The LPP course (17th, 18th and 19th August) costs £1200 (plus third party online transaction fees).
You can sign-up and pay below. Please rest assured the payment process is secure.
Alternatively, if you would prefer me to invoice you directly, please contact me about this.
As with my face to face training courses, I am happy to discuss payment by installments if you are self-funding.
Legal Project Management Training Online For Legal Service Teams
Typically this training tends to be relatively short and, as a starting point, has similarities to my on-site training courses for partners and other fee earners.
I have found that with live online training, most people tend to prefer sessions of around 90 minutes each so we usually schedule several sessions to make sure all topics are covered.
As with my face to face on-site training, this training often results in a blended mix of an explanation of key legal project management concepts along with covering specific areas of interest to each team.
In reality, this kind of training often morphs into more focused consultancy work aimed at helping teams overcome particular issues by the application of legal project management and legal process improvement.
Over the last few years I have, at the request of law firms, devised and delivered training courses aimed specifically at senior associates who show potential to become partners.
If you would like to find out more about my live online training, please contact me now.
IILPM Certification Courses Online
These courses consist of:
- Pre-recorded presentations which you can watch in your own time when the course is running
- Written notes for you to download, supporting each presentation
- Live instructor led-sessions (via Zoom) where we work through workshops and exercises
- Realistic legal scenarios which allow you to apply project management techniques to legal matters from start to finish
- Curated links to further material about each topic should you want to find out more about particular topics
- A full set of IILPM approved templates (MS Word and MS Excel) which you will receive upon completion of the course
- Short interactive quizzes – just to make sure you have been paying attention!
At the end of each course, provided you have completed all modules and passed the quizzes, you will be awarded the certification of Legal Project Practitioner or Legal Project Associate.
FREE Online Course: Introduction to Legal Project Management
In this course, which takes about one hour to complete, you will find out:
- What lawyers do
- What clients want from their lawyers
- The expectation and perception gap which can open up between lawyers and their clients
- How legal project management can help bridge this gap
- How you can further develop your legal project management skills
- How you can make a start implementing legal project management in your legal service organisation.
You will be able to:
Watch presentations on-demand, at a time and place which suits you
Download a free e-book, which answers many common questions people have about legal project management
Complete a self-assessment questionnaire so you can evaluate your current legal project management skills and knowledge
Access other online material which I have curated and which will provide you with further knowledge and insight about legal project management.